Fail Safe & Quick Close – ready-to-use actuator solution for quarter-turn valves
The electro-hydraulic EHS for swivel movements, in conjunction with the Pleiger STK actuators, were developed specially for the remote actuation of valves such as shut-off and butterfly valves, ball and tap valves and throttle valves and can be integrated into process control systems with very little installation effort.
The actuators of the EHS-SG series are based on the STK series, but are fitted with an additional spring assembly and expanded to a single-acting actuator. This combination always reliably moves the valve to the predefined failsafe position.
The EHS actuators, equipped with an electrically driven compact unit and integrated position feedback, thus combine the advantages of electrical and hydraulic systems.
- SIL 2 Functional safety to IEC 61508
- Single acting
- Failsafe system
- With mechanical, hydraulic or electronic position indicator
- With mechanical or hydraulic emergency operation device
- Integrated hydraulic emergency operation (hand pump) possible
- With permanent bus control loop connection (PCL)
- With ATEX/IECEx explosion protection class
- ‘Under medium’ upon request
- Also available as detached power pack
- Self-sufficient actuator with integrated hydraulic unit
- Electrical cable is the only thing required
- No external pipes or valves
- Enormous cost savings
- Small size – high torque
- Protection class IP 67 (IP 68 upon request)
- Lower servicing and maintenance costs
- Small amount of oil
- Slight noise
- Bronze housing (optional)